Level 3 Sage Accounting Course
About the Course
If you choose to undertake Level Three Computerised Accounting you must have successfully completed a level two qualification of a similar type using Sage 50 Accounts. This course is a progression from level two and is not suited to beginners.
At Level Three you will learn how to set up accounts for Sole Traders and Partnerships, you will undertake Month End and Year End Processes as well as deal with Accruals and Prepayments and set up a Fixed Asset Register. You will also learn how to keep accounts for Not for Profit Organisations including Charities.
In the same fashion as all our courses, the learning materials are colourful, interesting and interactive with hyperlinks to videos and extra information. There is a wealth of easy to follow tasks and self – test activities with model answers supplied as clickable links. The course can be viewed on a smart phone, 24 hours per day making study time convenient to suit you.
The course includes Sage 50 Accounts Professional software*, (RRP £1,300) which is the software most commonly used by small businesses in the UK. Knowing how to drive this powerful programme will definitely increase your employability.
*The software is time limited for 6 months.
- Learn the more advanced principles of preparing financial statements for sole traders and partnerships (see the Detailed Content for the list of the extremely comprehensive course contents).
- Control and produce month end and year end reports including accruals and prepayments, depreciation and yearend adjustments.
- Prepare VAT Returns and understand how to submit returns online directly from the software via Government Gateway.
- Learn on the most up to date and premium version of Sage 50 software in your own time and at your own speed and gain certification from Sage UK
- Invest in your future with this valuable skillset which is transferrable to other accounting systems if necessary.
- Easily progress to a QCF Accredited Qualification (we can arrange this)
Data Protection and Security Procedures
Sole Trader Accounts
Prepare and Process Month End Routine
The Government Gateway and VAT Returns
Management Information Reports
Prepare for Audit
Prepare and Process Year End Accounts and Archive Data
Final Accounts for Partnerships Including Appropriation Accounts
The Fixed Asset Register and Depreciation
Accruals and Prepayments
Not for Profit Organisations
What is Included?
Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2015 – the Rolls Royce of Sage 50 software – for every learner - (time limited)
Colourful and Comprehensive fully Interactive Learning Materials with Videos and Tutorials. Individual units with screen shots and self-test activities throughout – – which are very easy to follow
Self-Test Activities and Tasks with Model Answers
Learning Portal - 24 hour access – smart phone compatible
Technical Support for the portal
Hard copy book can be purchased
Videos and Quizzes
Formative - and fun – practice simulations available to imbed learning available
Final test to receive
Certification from Sage UK
How long will it take? We would expect this course to take 6 hours per week for 8 – 10 weeks. You can undertake the course at your own speed and may be able to do this even quicker.
You have access to the software and the portal for 6 months but don’t worry if you need longer, we can organise that at a small extra cost for you.
Sage software is not compatible with Apple Macs, unless you are running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 via Apple's Boot Camp utility. There is a link to further technical requirements for this software: