Level 2 Sage Accounting Course
About the Course
Level Two Computerised Accounting is suitable for people who have a basic understanding of what is involved with the process of keeping books and financial records. You do not have to have a detailed knowledge as the course will take you through all the skills for using Sage 50 Accounts from the very beginning. You will progress to learn more functionality of using the software through to producing invoices and management accounts.
In the same fashion as all our courses, the learning materials are colourful, interesting and interactive with hyperlinks to videos and extra information. There is a wealth of easy to follow tasks and self – test activities with model answers supplied as clickable links. The course can be viewed on a smart phone, 24 hours per day making study time convenient to suit you.
The course includes Sage 50 Accounts Professional software*, (RRP £1,300) which is the software most commonly used by small businesses in the UK. Knowing how to drive this powerful programme will definitely increase your employability.
*The software is time limited for 6 months.
- A great progression to your career and enhance your skills for employment or running a business – (see the Detailed Content for the list of the extremely comprehensive course contents).
- Get to use Sage 50 Accounts Professional on the latest version learning how to set up a new system from the start. You will be able to produce documents electronically (invoices, remittances, statements) and create detailed management reports which can help control a business and increase profitability.
- Understand the importance of Credit and Budget Control and learn all about Data Security and how to keep your system and information fully protected.
- Learn on the most up to date and premium version of Sage 50 software in your own time and at your own speed and gain certification from Sage UK
- Invest in your future with this valuable skillset which is transferrable to other accounting systems if necessary.
- Easily progress to a QCF Accredited Qualification
Setting Up a New Company
The Ledgers and the Nominal Codes
Opening Balances and Journals
Entering Opening Debtor/Creditor Balances
Nominal Ledger Opening Balances
The Opening Trial Balance
Sales and Purchase Ledger Transactions
Customer/Supplier Invoices and Credit Notes using Batch Entry
Customer/Supplier Receipts and Payments
Bank and Petty Cash Transactions
Process Bank Transactions Not In Customers or Suppliers Ledgers
Petty Cash Transactions
The Trial Balance and Data Security
The Trial Balance
Errors in the Trial Balance and Bad Debt Write Off
Maintaining the Security of Data
Trade and Settlement Discounts
Introduction to Discounts
Customer/Supplier Trade, Settlement and Bulk Discounts
Credit Control, Private Use, Fixed Assets and Budget Control
Credit Limits and Letters for Credit Control
Private Use of Business Goods
The Introduction and Purchase of Fixed Assets
Producing Sales Invoices and Credit Notes
Producing Sales Invoices and Credit Notes
What is Included?
- Sage 50 Accounts Professional 2015 – the Rolls Royce of Sage 50 software – for every learner - (time limited)
- Colourful and Comprehensive fully Interactive Learning Materials with Videos and Tutorials. Individual units with screen shots and self-test activities throughout – – which are very easy to follow
- Self-Test Activities and Tasks with Model Answers
- Learning Portal - 24 hour access – smart phone compatible
- Technical Support for the portal
- Hard copy book can be purchased
- Videos and Quizzes
- Formative - and fun – practice simulations available to imbed learning available
- Practice Test
- Final test to receive
- Certification from Sage UK
How long will it take? We would expect this course to take 6 hours per week for 6 – 8 weeks. You can undertake the course at your own speed and may be able to do this even quicker.
You have access to the software and the portal for 6 months but don’t worry if you need longer, we can organise that at a small extra cost for you.
Sage software is not compatible with Apple Macs, unless you are running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 via Apple's Boot Camp utility. There is a link to further technical requirements for this software: