IATA Ground Operations Management
Duration: 70 hrs
About the course
Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Control and supervise an airline station in a self-handled or outsourced environment
- Use Ground Handling and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to suit your Stations handling needs, reduce costs and provide quality service
- Prevent fraud by being knowledgeable about the current methods that fraudsters use to dilute airline revenues
- Implement a Safety and Security Station Management System according to industry standards and recommended practices
- Motivate staff and effectively monitor their performance
- Use and work with the latest edition of the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM) which is included in the course price.
Who should attend
- Airlines, ground handling and other service providers
- Airport authorities
- Ground operations professionals at a supervisory level
- The importance of Operational and Occupational Health and Safety training
- Managing risk and the components of Emergency Response Plans (ERPs)
- The use of SGHA contracts and Service Level Agreements
- Operational standards in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM)
- The latest trends in passenger/baggage handling and catering
This course if offered in the following formats:
1. Textbook. Candidates will receive the training material in paper-based format.
2. eBook: training material available in electronic format readable in all computers and portable electronic devices. Benefit from discounted rates and save on shipping!
The IATA Ground Operations Management course covers the many aspects of ground operations for which IATA has developed recommended industry standards and procedures, as detailed in the IATA Airport Handling Manual (AHM). Therefore, the AHM has been included in the study kit as it is an indispensible field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
The price of the study kit includes:
- The Ground Operations Management course textbook
- Two exam attempts to obtain your IATA Certificate
- The latest IATA Airport Handling Manual in USB key and the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM)*