IATA Foundation in Travel & Tourism with Galileo
Duration: 200 hours
This interactive e-learning course will teach you how to price journeys for all types of fares using the Galileo Global Distribution Systems (GDS). You will have hands-on practise using the interactive Global Distribution Systems (GDS) simulation tool, which will help you analyze GDS displays relevant to mileage system pricing; read, interpret, and apply mileage and routing fare rules; and issue tickets. The simulation training is supported by an interactive workbook and reference notes on GDS commands, maps and key journey pricing terms and definitions.
This course is available in e-learning format. Enrol at an Authorized Training Center to study these materials with the help of a local trainer, or alternatively you can choose to study these materials on your own.
- This course requires approximately 50 hours of study to be completed in 12 months from the purchase date (enrollment validity). After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam.
- This is computer-based, interactive simulation training, accompanied by an interactive workbook and reference notes on GDS commands, maps and key journey pricing terms and definitions.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
Learners must already be familiar with GDS system functionality, basic commands, and have the ability to interpret booked itineraries.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Analyze GDS displays relevant to mileage system pricing
- Identify and price different journey types
- Read, interpret, and apply mileage and routing fare rules
- Issue tickets
- Introduction to air fares, analysing itineraries and retrieving fares from a GDS
- Limitations on indirect travel, side trips and surface sectors
- Return trips in different classes of service and alternative fare break points
- Lowest combinations, round-the-world journeys and class differentials
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline fares desk agents
- Travel agents
- Airline ticket agents
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) and call center agents
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Method: Online exam with remote supervision or an exam in one of IATA’s Exam Centers (where physical presence is required)
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions. Open Text Book
- Number of questions: 100
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 60 correct answers
- Distinction Grade: 85 correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 2