IATA/UFTAA Consultant Course
About the course
Study popular tourism destinations and improve your sales skills to successfully advise your clients on the best travel options. Learn how to customize and construct complex travel itineraries, gain the skills to process ticket exchanges and reissues, and understand how industry regulations affect your travel operations.
Course format: This is a distance-learning program requiring 150 hours of self-study.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and consult on popular international travel and tourism destinations
- Advise on travel and tourism products, modes of transportation, accommodation, cruises, and tours
- Interpret IATA resolutions that apply to accredited travel agencies
- Apply effective selling skills needed for consultant roles
- Follow BSP procedures to construct complex fares and manage ticket exchanges
Who should attend
- Continuing students
- Travel consultants
- Reservations and sales staff members in airline, tour operator, and agency
- Airline fare experts
- Popular tourism destinations
- Sales techniques
- Airfare construction and ticket exchanges/reissuance
- Travel industry laws and regulations
- Tour, luxury and group travel options
- Accommodation (other than hotels)
- Social media marketing
This course is a step towards earning an IATA Diploma in:
- Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma
- IATA Diploma in Travel Sales and Operations with Android Tablet
By successfully completing the examination, you become a qualified holder of the IATA/UFTAA International Travel and Tourism Consultant Diploma. You will also be able to add the letters "DTTC" (Diploma in Travel and Tourism Consulting) after your name.
If you purchase the eBook version of this course IATA will email a Link to download the course textbooks and will ship the accompanying CD-ROM. No shipping fees apply.
If you purchase the printed textbook version of this course, you will receive a printed study kit by courier delivery. The study kit includes a CD-ROM with the following minimum system requirements: Windows 95, Internet Explorer 5.5, 16MB memory. You will receive the link and access codes to the Harvard ManageMentor Program by email. Shipping fees apply.