Amadeus - The Altéa Departure Control System
Duration: 45 hours
This course provides hands-on training of the Amadeus Altea Departure Control System (DCS), Customer Management (CM) platform, used by airline agents to manage passengers at the airport. Altea is one of the most widely used DCS systems. Through Altea, airport agents perform passenger and baggage handling functions including check-in, seat assignments, and in-flight service requests. The training includes a full-featured DCS simulator program, giving students essential hands-on experience in the context of a real-world airport environment. The simulator can also be used for role playing exercises, problem solving and customer service training.
Worldwide, tens of millions of people are employed at airports and in related careers. Anyone considering a career for an airline or at an airport will benefit from this skills-based DCS training.
* Sign into and out of the Altea DCS system and navigate the user interface
* Verify connected devices (baggage tag, boarding pass printers, etc.)
* Subscribe to airport-related broadcast messages, publish new messages
* Search for and retrieve existing passenger reservations
* Check-in individuals, families, and groups
* Check-in passengers for specific flights or ongoing connections
* Check-in standby passengers who have cleared the waitlist
* Check-in bags individually or as part of a baggage pool
* Cancel check-in due to no shows, sick passengers, or passengers denied boarding
* View graphical airplane seat maps, change existing passenger seat assignments, assign new seats
* View and analyze a complete Customer Product Record (CPR) for passenger information and booked airline products
* Verify passengers who are travelling together and look up history of airport-based transactions like check-in and boarding
* Access the reservations (GDS) system to verify passenger and flight data
* Manage airport-based and in-flight service requests including wheelchairs and special meals
* Verify and manage frequent traveller (FQTV) membership information
* Process (and create) high-priority passenger comments regarding check-in and boarding
* Handle infant passengers, electronic ticket updates, and other passenger details
* Create new flight bookings as needed for airline staff or passengers
Included in this course:
- - Amadeus account creation
- - 6 months access to your Amadeus account
- - 45 hours allocated time to complete your course within the 6 months access period
- - 33 lessons + 22 drills + 26 quizzes + 5 final exams
- - Free certificate*
- - Technical support
- - You need more hours to take and pass your course? OTT offers packages of 5 or 10 additional hours that you can buy directly online!
- - And if you haven’t finished your course within 6 months? Don’t worry, you can buy an extra 6 months access by contacting OTT at email@example.com
- - All the courses and exam are online, there is no software to install, you only need internet access!
- - Please allow for up to 48 hours after purchasing the course to receive your login details.
* We are an approved reseller of the Viasinc GDS training programme and therefore we are authorised to issue certificates for Amadeus. You need to get 85% or above to receive the certificate. Don’t forget that you can take the exam as many times as you need, so long as it is within your available training hours.