Malaysia Airlines is enhancing its Enrich loyalty programme
MALAYSIA AIRLINES ENHANCES ITS ENRICH LOYALTY PROGRAMME
Enrich moves to fare-based-earning and new tier qualification effective 1 April 2021
Malaysia Airlines is enhancing its Enrich loyalty programme, with the introduction of a fare-based earning scheme. To complement this, a new tier qualification structure will also be introduced, to simplify passenger’s progress towards the next tier status, enabling them access to Enrich’s travel benefits and lifestyle privileges.
The enhanced programme provides a more transparent and more straightforward earning model than Enrich members' requests. It is a frequent flyer programme on par with fellow global airline leaders.
Please see below some further details surrounding the announcement.
What are the key changes to the Enrich programme?
- Enrich Miles will be known as Enrich Points and members’ existing Miles will be converted on a one-to-one basis.
- Enrich Points will be awarded for every Malaysian Ringgit spent (converted from GBP) on flights on base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges but excludes government-imposed taxes and fees.
- Points will be awarded for travels on pure Malaysia Airlines and MASwings flights.
- Enrich members will now earn Enrich Points on the Cash portion from Points + Cash redemption.
- Elite Miles will be known as Elite Points and members’ Elite Miles and Elite Sectors earned until 31 March 2021 will be recalibrated based on the new structure.
- Members will earn Elite Points based on a new fixed table of distance by Zone and travel class.
Are British Airways or other oneworld loyalty scheme members impacted?
- Enrich members travelling on oneworld member airlines will continue to earn Enrich Points based on distance and class travelled.
Does this affect how members earn and redeem Enrich miles on flights with codeshare partners?
- Enrich members travelling on codeshare partner airlines will continue to earn Enrich Points based on based on distance and class travelled.
How will Enrich Points be calculated?
- Enrich Points are calculated based on the amount spent in Malaysian Ringgit (converted from GBP) on a ticket on base fare and carrier-imposed surcharges but exclude government-imposed taxes and fees.
Which flights do the new points earning model apply to?
- The new Enrich Points earning model will apply for travel on pure Malaysia Airlines and MASwings operated flights only.
Is there any change to award redemption?
- There is no change to the redemption. Enrich members can use Enrich Points to redeem award tickets, lifestyle vouchers or any other eligible services or products.
What will happen to customer’s existing Enrich Miles?
- Enrich Miles balance as of 31 March 2021 will be converted to Enrich Points on a one-to-one basis. This means if Enrich member has 1,000 Enrich Miles, it will be converted to 1,000 Enrich Points.
How will Elite Points be calculated?
- Elite Points are calculated based on Zone of the flight sector and the Cabin class of travel on eligible flights.
Which flights do the new tier qualification apply to?
- The new Enrich Elite Tier Qualification will apply for travel on pure Malaysia Airlines, MASwings operated flights, Firefly (MH5000 FY codeshare series) and oneworld member airlines flights.
How will Elite status and benefits, and the other membership tiers be affected?
- Enrich will continue to offer four membership tiers: Blue, Silver, Gold and Platinum. There is no change to current benefits and privileges offered to Enrich Tier Status members.
What happens to the current Elite Miles / Elite Sectors?
- All eligible flights that earned Elite Miles and Elite Sectors from 01 January 2021 and 31 March 2021 will be re-calculated to earn Elite Points based on a fixed table of Zone and Cabin travelled.
When will the changes to the Enrich programme come into effect?
- The changes will take effect for travels on and from 01 April 2021 onwards.
Do customers need to take any action?
- Enrich accounts are set to update on 01 April 2021 automatically and there is no action required from Enrich members.
About Malaysia Airlines
Malaysia Airlines is the national carrier of Malaysia, offering the best way to fly to, from and around Malaysia. Malaysia Airlines is the only airline flying direct non-stop from the UK to Malaysia with services from London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur onboard the new Airbus A350. Malaysia Airlines carries guests daily on memorable journeys inspired by Malaysia’s diverse richness. Malaysia Airlines embodies the incredible diversity of Malaysia, capturing its rich traditions, cultures, cuisines and warm hospitality on board, while opening up more of Malaysia’s destinations than any other airline.
To help customers feel more confident about making new bookings, the airline has introduced a new fare families structure, including a new ‘Flex’ fare which provides a whole suite of benefits including fee free changes and full refunds, all for only a modest supplement on our standard fare which has proved extremely popular during times of uncertainty.
As a member of oneworld®, Malaysia Airlines and its partners in the global alliance offer a superior, seamless travel experience. oneworld offers special privileges and rewards for frequent flyers, including access to more than 650 airport lounges worldwide. For more information, please visit www.malaysiaairlines.com
Enrich, the frequent flyer programme of Malaysia Airlines brings you a world of privileges, lifestyle rewards, and priority service.
Earn Enrich Miles when you fly with Malaysia Airlines, oneworld® member airlines and Enrich partner airlines. You can also earn Enrich Miles when you convert bank, fuel and retail points or spend on hotel stays, tours, car rentals, retail, dining and more with our lifestyle partners. With Enrich Hotels, select from over 400,000 hotels worldwide to suit your preferences when you travel, and earn up to 15,000 Enrich Miles per night.
Redeem rewards with your Enrich Miles for an extensive range of experiences: flights, seat upgrades, retail items, access to Malaysia Airlines Golden Lounges, hotel stays, dining and more. Enrich Base ensures that flight redemption stays at a fixed, attractive rate no matter when you travel.
Begin your journey with an Enrich Blue card. With regular travel, unlock more benefits each time you move up the next Enrich Elite tier, which is Silver, Gold and Platinum. You will be recognised across all oneworld member airlines with your coveted oneworld status.
For business owners, Enrich offers the unique opportunity to reward your loyal customers with Enrich Miles via Enrich BizConnect, our seamless, easy-to-use digital platform.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Daisy Birch / Ella Morris / Gerard Lyons
+44 (0)20 7250 1446