MALAYSIA AIRLINES AND HEATHROW SHOWCASE FLY CONFIDENTLY AND FLY SAFE MEASURES
London, 01 November 2020: Malaysia Airlines, in partnership with Heathrow, today hosted a tour for selected trade and frequent flyer media, allowing them to see first-hand and experience the health and safety procedures that have been introduced to ensure that passengers have a safer and comfortable journey from their arrival at the airport through to reaching their destination.
Led by Daniel Bainbridge, Malaysia Airlines’ Regional Manager for UK & Europe, the tour also provided the opportunity for the media to see the on-ground team who are working tirelessly to keep the overall operations at the airport and airline running safely and efficiently.
During the walkabout, Malaysia Airlines’ cabin crew took the media through the disinfection and sanitisation processes of a flight, including the lavatory cleaning process, and the boarding and disembarkation procedures as per the airline’s latest standard operating procedures (SOPs), as well as showcasing the inflight amenities such as blankets and headphones (which are all hygienically packed) and hygiene kits.
This tour is an extension of the airline’s Fly Confidently campaign launched in July to educate customers and others travelling at this time on the extensive measures that have been put in place by Malaysia’s national carrier for passengers and staff, which is running concurrently to Heathrow’s own “Fly Safe” campaign.
The “Fly Confidently” campaign was launched alongside the “Fly Confidently, Fly Malaysia” video, which provides customers with a clear overview of what they can expect from a flight with Malaysia Airlines. This includes a detailed step-by-step walkthrough of the passenger experience, from checking-in safely online at home, through to enhanced safety measures onboard. The procedures put in place by the airline and highlighted in the video comply with the guidelines set by international and local regulatory bodies, including the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), the World Health Organization (WHO), the International Air Transport Association (IATA), and the Ministry of Health of Malaysia (MOH).
- Conducting contactless temperature and security checks prior to boarding.
- Heightening the routine sanitation of the self-service kiosks, check-in counters, airport facilities and all regularly touched hard surfaces in the cabin, including seats, tray-tables, overhead lockers, lavatories and galleys.
- Providing personal protective equipment for all cabin crew including safety goggles, face masks, surgical-grade gloves and protective overalls.
- Requiring passengers to wear a face mask during boarding and throughout their flight, except when they are eating or drinking.
- Maintaining social distancing wherever possible, through measures such as staggered boarding and entry into the boarding lounge.
- Installing High-Efficiency Particle Filters (HEPA) filters, which are capable of filtering 99.97% of dust particles and airborne contaminants such as viruses and bacteria. The air is continually refreshed with air from outside and purified every three minutes.
- Providing a complimentary hygiene kit to all passengers onboard, which includes two face masks, a disinfectant wipe and hand gel sanitiser.
Daniel Bainbridge, said: "The safety of our passengers is of utmost importance to Malaysia Airlines. We are glad to work with Heathrow to showcase the extensive measures that have been put in place from the moment they get to Heathrow, to taking their journey on-board and arriving at their destination. We are positive that this media visit will further reassure future passengers and educate them on all the measures and procedures that make flying with Malaysia Airlines a safe and comfortable experience. We look forward to welcoming everyone on-board in the future.”
Book your travels now via https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/my/en.html or the airline's mobile app and appointed agents and Fly Confidently with Malaysia Airlines for your next travels. Passengers are also reminded to check entry and exit requirements before their journeys, with travel restrictions in place in most countries.
About Malaysia Airlines
Malaysia Airlines is the national carrier of Malaysia, offering the best way to fly to, from and around Malaysia flying from London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur onboard the new Airbus A350. Malaysia Airlines carries passengers on memorable journeys inspired by Malaysia’s diverse richness. Malaysia Airlines embodies the incredible diversity of Malaysia, capturing its rich traditions, cultures, cuisines and warm hospitality on board. As a member of oneworld, customers can also collect and redeem Avios as well as earn tier points when booking Malaysia Airlines flights to Southeast Asia and Australasia. To take advantage of the airline’s great prices, guests can book their tickets at Malaysia Airlines’ participating travel agents or visit Malaysia Airlines’ website at www.malaysiaairlines.com
For media enquiries, please contact:
Daisy Birch / Ella Morris / Gerard Lyons
+44 (0)20 7250 1446