Egyptian Tourism Promotion Board - Mandatory Guidelines and Regulations for hotels and resorts to receive guests
Mandatory Guidelines and Regulations for hotels and resorts to receive guests
- May 15, 2020: The first stage (experimental operation) with a maximum of 25% of the total hotel capacity (including day-use).
- June 1, 2020: Operating at a maximum of 50% of the hotel capacity
- Hotels, wishing to operate, must apply for an audit; in accordance with the health and safety guidelines circulated by the Egyptian Hotel Association. When the hotel passes
- The process of review and inspection, it is granted a health and safety certificate that is renewed every year.
- Creating a brand for health and safety certification.
- The review and inspection process is conducted within 10 days from
- the date of submitting the application.
- Each hotel is required to have an onsite clinic and doctor working in continuous coordination with the Ministry of Health and Population.
- Ensuring the quality of personal protective equipment and sterilization materials used (dealing only with companies approved by the Ministry of Health and Population).
- Forming a committee: between the Egyptian Hotels Chamber and the infection control sector in the Ministry of Health & Population to inspect those establishments to ensure their compliance with the regulations and their preparedness to re-operate.
- Coordination with the Occupational Health and Safety department in the Ministry of Environment regarding the water tanks.