Ticket Repricing, Exchange and Reissue
Duration: 40 hours
The Ticket Repricing, Exchange and Reissue (TRER) course is an important companion for any successful Ticketing Agent. Providing accurate and efficient services to your customers builds trust and loyalty. Customer needs frequently change. Travelers will modify their travel dates and destinations after purchasing their air tickets, or request a flight or routing change after travel has begun. This course will give you a considerable advantage over your competition, enabling you to perform complex transactions such as revalidating, exchanging, or reissuing tickets with confidence.
Objectives Upon completing this course you will be able to:
▪ Understand exchange/reissue ticketing entries and avoid debit memos arising from incorrect ticketing or incorrect application of IATA rules and procedure.
▪ Improve problem solving and analytical skills when complying with governmental and IATA regulations, thus avoiding mistakes that could expose the travel agency to costly fines.
▪ Gain the confidence of customers who rely on you to provide relevant and up-to-date international travel services and advice when their original travel plans change.
▪ Convert one currency to another accurately.
▪ Assess taxes/fees/charges to be refunded or collected.
This course requires approximately 30 hours of study, to be completed in six months. All candidates will be given 1 attempt to successfully complete the final exam. To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 70% or higher. An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the final examination.
1.0 The Passenger Air Tariff Training Extract
2.0 Review of Fare Selection
3.0 Currency Rules Revisited
4.0 Types of Pricing Units
5.0 Related Fees and Other Charges
6.0 The Electronic Ticket
7.0 Electronic Miscellaneous Documents
8.0 Introduction to Ticket Alterations
9.0 Assessment of Change Fees
10.0 Exchange Transactions
11.0 Resissue Transactions
12.0 Voluntary Refunds
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION : Due to a new implemented system provided by IATA, it may take up to 14 working days for your username and password to be released. You will receive an email from the GDS Department immediately after your log in details have been provided to OTT by IATA’s Enrolment Team.|