Social Media for the Travel Industry
Duration: 2.5 hours
About the course
Whether you are a home-based travel agent or working at a large travel agency, social media as a marketing tool can help you attract and retain a large customer pool in their niche or market. In this course, you will learn how to define your marketing goals and target audience, create engaging content, determine your social media marketing budget and promote your travel business. These informed decisions allow you to focus your efforts on the right social media platforms and convert leads into sales. You will also explore how to create social media content that is consistent, meaningful and that reaches the desired audience across different platforms.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Create a customized social media strategy
- Differentiate between major social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube
- Create engaging content to market your products and services
- Determine budget for your social media marketing activities
- Interpret analytics to track social media marketing progress
Who should take this course
This course is recommended for:
- Students of travel and tourism courses
- Independent and home-based travel agents
- Agent working for small to large travel agencies
- Tour operators
- Step-by-step guidance to create a social media strategy
- Creating your keywords and hashtags to be discoverable
- Developing a branding guide to create brand awareness
- Social media platform tips and best practices
- Developing customized content
- Analytics and ROI
The course is studied online for an authentic experience offering flexible and self-paced learning. The total course duration is between 2.5 and 3 hours.
An online exam is available at the end of the course study to assess your knowledge of the course theory on social media, networking and selling.
An official IATA certificate in "Social Media for the Travel industry" will be awarded upon successful completion of the examination.