Selling International Rail Transportation
Duration: 20 hours
With new technology, passenger rail transportation offers comfort, speed, convenience and a rewarding travel experience. It is no wonder why more people travel by train. The Selling International Rail Transportation Course provides knowledge of global passenger rail products and teaches skills in arranging international rail journeys. You will understand how travel by train is not only a mode of transportation but can offer a niche travel experience as well.
This distance learning course is available in eTextbook format.
- This course requires approximately 15 hours of study, to be completed in 6 months.
- Student performance will be based on an examination. Please refer to the Exam Information below for more details.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the features of passenger rail transport and sell their benefits
- Recognize and describe common types of rail products
- Explain the characteristics of luxury, scenic, and long distance rail products
- Interpret and use rail timetables to establish international itineraries
- Describe the most popular rail passes and general conditions of carriage on rail tickets
- Benefits of passenger rail transportation
- Rail products: luxury and special tourist trains
- The rail timetable and planning the journey
- Features and amenities on the train
- Pricing and ticketing rail journeys and selling rail passes
An IATA Certificate is awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
- Exam Delivery Method: Non-supervised online-based exam. Exam can be taken any time at your convenience.
- Exam Format: Multiple Choice questions
- Number of questions: 75
- Time Allowance: 3 hours
- Passing Grade: 70% correct answers
- Number of exam attempts: 1
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION : Due to a new implemented system provided by IATA, it may take up to 14 working days for your username and password to be released. You will receive an email from the GDS Department immediately after your log in details have been provided to OTT by IATA’s Enrolment Team.|