Selling and Managing Airline Reservations and Travel in Sabre (SMART Sabre)
Duration: 65 hours
Make a SMART career move. Selling and Managing Airline Reservations and Travel (SMART) is your ticket to learning how to sell, make and manage reservations of flights, hotels and cars.
Serving the needs of a billion travelers annually, the travel and tourism industry continues to grow at an average rate of 4% every year. Developed for the beginner level, the SMART course will prepare you for a successful career as an international travel professional in a dynamic and exciting industry.
Take your place in the industry with SMART by learning how to:
• Make customer-directed flight/hotel/car bookings received by telephone/email
• Quote accurate prices for travel products and services
• Process queues and update reservations
• Provide advice on travel products and options
• Practice issuing e-tickets
Gain practical knowledge and skills in the areas of:
• Geography - Explore about world geography including city and airport codes, currencies and time zones so that you will be able to plan efficient and accurate travel itineraries.
• Global Distribution System Functionality - Learn how to use the system of your choice (Amadeus, Galileo or Sabre) to create air, hotels and car rental bookings that meet different travel plans and interests.
• Reservation maintenance - Become skilled at managing PNR data and know how to add new information to reservations such as a special meal request, a seat assignment or frequent flyer account numbers.
• Travel products and services - Become familiar with major products and services that make a journey comfortable and enjoyable for customers.
• Air Fares and Ticketing - Know how to handle electronic ticketing and be knowledgeable in interpreting “ticketless” data.
The SMART course blends traditional textbook learning with hands-on, simulated online GDS training. You’ll gain technological skills that are vital to the travel and hospitality segments of the tourism industry - all at your own pace. An IATA Authorized Training Center in your region may deliver this training in a classroom setting. This course requires approximately 65 hours of study. An IATA Certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the online examination.
|IMPORTANT INFORMATION : Due to a new implemented system provided by IATA, it may take up to 7 working days for your username and password to be released. You will receive an email from the GDS Department immediately after your log in details have been provided to OTT by IATA’s Enrolment Team.|