The Korea Tourism Organisation’s Convention Bureau, KoreaMICE, has been supporting Meetings, Incentives, Conferences & Events (MICE) for nearly 40 years (since 1979)
• A proven meetings destination, Korea is consistently in the top tier destinations for Conventions and Conferences*
• From small board meetings for 8, to congress of over 40,000 Korea has venues for MICE
• Korea offers an efficient infrastructure, sustainable meeting venues, international chain hotels, all well linked by the transportation system.
• The high speed KTX bullet train traverses the country from Incheon International Airport via Seoul (in 28 mins) to the south east and south west coasts in under 3 hours.
• Several regional airports offer further ease of travel to the delightful Jeju Island.
*The UIA statistics, 2016, positions Korea 2nd in the world, and the ICCA Statistics 2016 position Korea 13th in the world, as a popular meetings destination.
There are multiple business cases for holding meetings in Korea:
• 1/3 of the world’s population lives within a three hour flight
• 186 cities have direct flights from 90+ airlines
• World leader in R&D (OECD Feb 2016)
• A technologically advanced nation
• World leading brands such as Samsung, LG, Hyundai et al
• Lead in medical advance
• Lead in alternative energy
• Lead in film and popular culture
A less well travelled destination Korea offers a wealth of incentive options for high achievers and VIPs
• The DMZ offers a poignant and unique area for the ‘selfie’ generation - ‘look where I am’!
• Korean food is gaining huge popularity and incentive groups love to cook and create the local dishes, and it’s a great teambuilding activity too.
• A good number of luxury hotels in Seoul and further afield create WOW factor for VIPs
• Some of the best twin centre trips with high octane Seoul contrasted with natural (extinct) volcanic Jeju, or serene, centuries of heritage in Gyeongju
• Health and wellness offered through relaxing spas and adventurous activities offering solutions for all demographic from beauty treatments to white water rafting
• Treasure hunts, geocaching, and film making immersive activities use low cost technology in the home of the digitally savvy to create a real 21st Century incentive.
The business case for meetings in Korea cannot be overlooked, and luxury product, unique sights and activities, offer the high achiever ‘not on the high street’ incentive opportunities not to be missed.
For further information please contact: Moulden Marketing, Appointed representative, Korea MICE Bureau, email@example.com, tel: +44 1628 526184
Visit www.koreaconvention.org for further information