- Denmark's time zone: GMT +1, EST +6, PST +9.
- Peak seasons: Summer (June - August) and Christmas (mid. November - December).
- Language: In Denmark, the mother tongue is Danish, which is closely related to both Swedish and Norwegian. In general Danes speak English extremely well, and some even German and French.
- Currency: Danish Krone (DKK):
- 1 USD = 6,4 DKK
- 1 GBP = 8,2 DKK
- 1 EURO = 7,4 DKK
- Above currencies as per August 2018
- Credit cards: Credit cards are accepted everywhere - a few expections might occur, e.g. market stalls. Please note: Maestro Cards is not accepted in most shops/other.
- General Opening Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 6 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
- If open on Sundays, mostly: 10 AM - 5 PM
- Tax free shopping: Save up to 19% on all purchases over DKK 300 when using Global Blue's Tax Free system. If you are visiting Denmark from a non-EU country, look for the Global Blue logo in shop windows and ask for a Global Blue Tax Free form. Claim the VAT when you head home and leave the EU.
- Luggage storage: If you need to store your luggage while exploring Copenhagen, you can use Airluggage or Valizo, who can transport your luggage from the cruise ship to a chosen destination in Copenhagen (e.g. a hotel, the airport, etc.)
- Electricity: Denmark, like most other European countries, has 220-volt AC, 50Hz current and uses two-pin continental plugs.
- Weather: August is the hottest month in Copenhagen with an average temperature of 21°C (69°F) and the coldest is January at 3°C (37°F). The wettest month is June with an average of 60mm of rain.
- Accessibility in Copenhagen: Copenhagen is an easily accessible city with accessible streets and sidewalks, wheelchair ramps for public transport (busses, trains, metro etc.), wheelchair accessible public toilets and much more! Please read our accessibility in Copenhagen guide here.
If you want to know more practical information, please read more here.