- Denmark's time zone: GMT +1, EST +6, PST +9.
- Peak seasons: Summer (June - August) and Christmas (mid. November - December).
- Language: In Denmark, the mother tongue is Danish, which is closely related to both Swedish and Norwegian. In general Danes speak English extremely well, and some even German and French.
- Currency: Danish Krone (DKK):
- 1 USD = 6,2 DKK
- 1 EURO = 7,4 DKK
- 1 GBP = 8,2 DKK
- Above currencies as per August 2017.
- Credit cards: Credit cards are accepted everywhere - a few expections might occur, e.g. market stalls. Please note: Maestro Cards is not accepted in most shops/other.
- General Opening Hours:
- Monday - Friday: 10 AM - 6 PM
- Saturday: 10 AM - 5 PM
- If open on Sundays, mostly: 10 AM - 5 PM
- Tax free shopping: Save up to 19% on all purchases over DKK 300 when using Global Blue's Tax Free system. If you are visiting Denmark from a non-EU country, look for the Global Blue logo in shop windows and ask for a Global Blue Tax Free form. Claim the VAT when you head home and leave the EU.
- Luggage storage: If you need to store your luggage while exploring Copenhagen, you can use Airluggage, who can transport your luggage from the cruise ship to a chosen destination in Copenhagen (e.g. a hotel, the airport, etc.)
- Electricity: Denmark, like most other European countries, has 220-volt AC, 50Hz current and uses two-pin continental plugs.
- Weather: July is the hottest month in Copenhagen with an average temperature of 17°C (63°F) and the coldest is January at 0°C (32°F). The wettest month is June with an average of 60mm of rain.
If you want to know more practical information, please read more here.