YES! IT IS POSSIBLE TO TRAVEL TO CAPE TOWN NOW
We know that travelling during this time can be stressful. Please see the below information for everything you need to know about the precautions we’re taking to make sure your trip is both fun and safe.
Visit the sacoronavirus.co.za portal for the official statistics, toolkits and designated hospitals relating to the virus in South Africa.
Emergency Hotline: 0800 029 999
Whatsapp Support: 0600 123 456
The government has lifted all COVID-19 restrictions in South Africa effective immediately.
What does this mean?
• No masks. You will no longer be required to wear a face mask when out in public.
• Social distancing at gatherings is no longer a requirement.
• There are no more entry or border limitations when visiting South Africa.
• You do not need to be vaccinated to enter South Africa.
• You do not need to provide a vaccination status or proof of vaccination.
The vaccination program will remain intact and will be integrated into the general health services.
The vaccine decreases your chances of hospitalisation, severe illnesses and death.
Here are 4 ways you can register to be vaccinated:
1. Use the online registration platform – vaccine.enroll.health.gov.za/#/
2. Dial *134*832# and register via USSD.
3. Use WhatsApp by sending the word “register” to 0600 123 456.
4. Call the national toll-free call centre at 0800 029 999, where someone will help you to register.
Click here to read the Department of Health’s full statement on the lifting of the COVID-19 regulations.
WHERE CAN I GET TESTED?
Cape Town has world-class medical testing laboratories that can process your test in 48 hours.
If you think you might have contracted the virus, you can call the NICD helpline (0800 029 999) and you will be advised on possible testing facilities.
There are different tests available: PCR testing, rapid antigen testing, and antibody testing.
WHAT ABOUT THE NEW VARIANT?
It is incorrect to call the 501Y.V2 variant “South African”. Although the variant was first identified in South Africa through the excellent work of our researchers, there is to date no evidence that it originated in the country, nor is it exclusive to South Africa.
Current evidence shows that certain vaccines are not as effective against this variant, but that others remain very effective against all known variants of the virus. Please visit sacoronavirus.co.za for the latest information about South Africa’s vaccination programme.
WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP?
COVID Alert SA is South Africa’s free exposure notification app. It lets people know when they have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Everyone in South Africa who has a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone can access this app. COVID Alert SA is entirely anonymous. The app protects your privacy and security at all times. It does not need or store any of your personal information.