Access to the Algarve from the UK
- The capital of the Algarve is Faro which is also the location of the nearest airport (FAO);
- Faro Airport is 2 ½ hours from London (LHR) & (LGW) and is served by 26 UK airports;
- There are a number of different airlines that travel to Faro with direct flights throughout the year;
- UK and Irish airports account for the top ten most popular flight routes, with London Gatwick sending the most passengers, followed by Manchester, Dublin, East-Midlands and Bristol;
- NEW- 2014 – British Airways has launched a new flight route from London Heathrow (LHR) to Faro (FAO) airport.
Two weekly flights on a Saturday and Sunday will depart totalling and include of 18,240 seats over the summer season.1