This policy applies to all issuing agents and all agencies that make sales from our stock.
The issuing agency is responsible for the bad practices that might be detected in a booking; the following cases are defined for which an ADM (Agent Debit Memo) could be issued to the issuing agent or agency.
Types of practices that Air Europa recommends avoiding:
- UC: Unable to confirm / waitlist
- UN: Unable to confirm / flight not operating NO: No action taken
- HX: Cancelled
- The agency undertakes to eliminate these booking segments at least 24 hours before the departure of the flight.
| Duplicated Segments
It is completely prohibited to:
- Create duplicate bookings on the same or on different GDS for the same passengers.
- Duplicate segments in the same booking.
- Establish “impossible itineraries” for the same passenger, for example, due to the overlapping of scheduled departure and arrival times of various segments, or due to infringing the rules of minimum connection time, etc.
| Passive Segments
- The travel agencies must use the Pnr Claim function, instead of passive segments, whenever it is available to them.
- The use of passive segments is only allowed for the purpose of issuing tickets and only when the passive booking is synchronized with an active booking of the airline’s system (same name, itinerary, booking class and number of passengers).
- Passive bookings of inventory are not allowed against an active booking in the same GDS, or in different GDS by the same agent. A travel agent who uses more than one GDS must book and issue a specific passenger itinerary within the same GDS.
Suggestion: The agents should review their queues daily.This type of bad practice will entail a charge of 5 GBP per segment / passenger.
| Fictitious or Speculative Bookings
It is completely prohibited to create bookings that are not directly related to a client’s request with the intention of buying a ticket or to create bookings with names of false or fictitious passengers.
Furthermore, using invalid ticket numbers is prohibited, considering these to be restricted, used, reimbursed, annulled or non-existing ticket numbers.
This type of bad practice will entail a charge of 250 GBP per passenger.
It is completely forbidden to repeatedly book and cancel a segment in one or more PRN and/or GDS within the same class or different classes.This type of bad practice will entail a charge of 5 GBP per segment / passenger.
| Married Segments
Married segments are those flight segments of an O&D (origin and destination) sold as a unit that should not be separated and that are identified in a single availability display from the point of origin to the destination. In the event an agent generates a booking that breaks the O&D and issues the ticket, an ADM will be generated, subject to the cancellation of the booking if it is not issued.
This type of bad practice will entail the following charges:
- Short- and medium-haul flights in tourist class: 150 GBP per passenger and unmarried segment
- Long-haul flights in tourist class: 250 GBP per passenger and unmarried segment.
- Short- and medium-haul flights in business class: 250 GBP per passenger and unmarried segment
- Long-haul flights in business class: 400 GBP per passenger and unmarried segment
| O&D Policy
Any ticket issued with plate 996 that does not respect the application of the O&D, with the PNR being manipulated by the agency/agent, will receive an ADM.
This type of bad practice will entail the following charges:
- Short- and medium-haul flights in tourist class: 150 GBP per passenger and manipulated segment
- Long-haul flights in tourist class: 250 GBP per passenger and manipulated segment.
- Short- and medium-haul flights in business class: 250 GBP per passenger and manipulated segment
- Long-haul flights in business class: 400 GBP per passenger and manipulated segment
| Net Bookings (Productivity Analysis)
With this analysis, Air Europa will compare the costs generated by an agency with respect to its sales. In case the agency’s costs represent 15% or more of its sales, Air Europa could modify its commercial relationship with said agency, as well as inhibit its access to the interactive availability (seamless availability request) and/or totally or partially limit its access to the inventory.
Should an agency that had been subjected to limited inventory access of Air Europa want to reactivate its access, it must pay an amount of 300 GBP to Air Europa, with the reactivation to the access being at the discretion of the airline in all cases.
| Control in the airport
Air Europa itself or else through its handling agent will control the additional services of the passenger holding a ticket issued with a special Tour Operator fare. An ADM will be sent in the case in which the passenger is in possession of a ticket issued with a special Tour Operator fare, without any additional service or without the necessary minimum land services.
The ADM will be established based on a stipulated amount for the following cases:
- Short- and medium-haul in tourist class: 100 GBP per ticket and passenger
- Long-haul in tourist class: 250 GBP per ticket and passenger
- For the rest of the transport classes, it will be calculated on the first restriction-free fare published for the same transport cabin.
| Guaranteed issue
The agency is required to make guaranteed issues (automatic issues). In case the issue is not guaranteed and despite the fact that the reservation has not undergone any modification, the agent must requote on the same issue date, otherwise this Will entail a fixed charge of 5 GBP per segment / passenger.
| MR & MRS omission
The agency undertakes to always include the gender of the passenger, using Mr. or Mrs. since this omission affects the flight closings and can even generate a rejection.This type of omission will entail a fixed charge of 5 GBP per segment / passenger
It is mandatory to comply with the Minimum Connecting Time when a flight booking is made. If this is not respected, it will entail a fixed charge of 5 GBP per segment / passenger.
| Booking class
The booking class has to coincide with the issue data. If it does not, an ADM will be issued with the fare difference calculated by comparing what was issued with what was booked.
| Sale and issue
The issue(s) made by any agent must be according to that which is established and published in the fare rule uploaded in the GDS by Air Europa. In the event the issued ticket does not comply with even one of the paragraphs of the fare rule, an ADM will be issued for the difference not received plus the processing costs.
| Issue without UX flights
Air Europa does not allow the issue of tickets with plate 996 that are 100% interline tickets, but rather they must include at least one Air Europa flight segment in the itinerary of the ticket issued with our plate 996. Otherwise, an ADM of 100 EUR will be issued and if the interlining fare had issue restrictions with our plate 996, an ADM will be issued reflecting the difference between what was issued with a Full Fare or IATA fare and always with a minimum of 100 GBP.
The passenger’s voluntary changes have to be reissued according to the fare rules established and published by Air Europa in GDS. In case of non-compliance, an ADM can be issued for the difference not received by the company.
| Schedule Change Policy
All changes made by the airline are considered schedule changes whenever they are produced more than 24 hours in advance of the affected flight’s departure.
- The reissue must be done more than 24 hours in advance of the affected flight’s departure.
- The reissue must be done in the original route and class.
- All the ticket coupons pending use must be reissued.
- In the event the client does not accept the date / time of the flight offered by the company, changes will be allowed up to 7 days before or after the departure of the original flight.
- The reissue due to Schedule Change will have to be issued with the following information in the corresponding field:
- FORM OF PAYMENT: it will always have to contain the code of the original payment method of the ticket to reissue, i.e., O/CCVI
- FARE CALCULATION: the FC field must begin with S- followed by the flight itinerary.
- ENDORSEMENTS: in the endorsement field, the first 5 digits must be SKCHG.
Should any of the above premises not be complied with, an ADM will be issued of 50.00 GBP for each incorrect element listed.
| Involuntary Changes
Involuntary changes are considered to be all those changes made by the airline whenever the take place within the 24 hours prior to the affected flight’s departure. Only the airline will be responsible for the reissue in these cases. The agency will never reissue. On the contrary, it will receive an ADM of 50.00 EUR plus the possible generated excess costs, depending on the case.
| Administrative Costs
Air Europa will apply a charge of 16% of the total value of the ADM, with a minimum of 5 GBP and with a maximum of 55 GBP as administrative processing costs.
| ADM process in BSP
An ADM can be sent by the company within 9 months after the final travel date. When the final travel date cannot be established, the expiration date of the document will be used.