Level 2 Payroll 2014-15
About the course
Level Two Computerized Payroll moves forward from Level One. The course still includes the basic tasks of company set up, creation of employee records and calculation of gross pay. However more advanced tasks are undertaken including Statutory Sick Pay, Statutory Maternity Pay and Pension Schemes for Automatic Enrolment.
The process for new starters and leavers is practiced and the course fully covers Real Time Information functionality that is built into all Sage 50 software. Real Time Information (RTI) is fully explained with step by step processes and clear screen shots to follow. All required reports to HMRC are fully explained and practiced.
The learning materials are colourful, interesting and interactive with hyperlinks to videos and extra information. There is a wealth of easy to follow tasks and self – test activities with model answers supplied as clickable links. The course can be viewed on a smart phone, 24 hours per day making study time convenient to suit you.
The course includes Sage 50 Payroll software* which is the software most commonly used by small businesses in the UK. Knowing how to drive this powerful programme will definitely increase your employability.
*The software is time limited for 6 months.
- Investing in this course will save time and money for a business where payroll processes are required, particularly if this is outsourced to an accountant.
- Learn on the most up to date and premium version of Sage 50 payroll software in your own time and at your own speed
- Learn how to deal with all day to day payroll functions as well as processes for RTI, Automatic Enrolment, SSP, SMP, SPP, Attachment of Earnings Orders, Holiday Pay, errors and omissions and so much more!
- Enhance your employability, progress in your career or learn how to run the payroll system for your own business
- Easily progress to a QCF Accredited Qualification
- Certification from Sage UK
- Pay Elements Pay Deductions and Company Loans
- Company Pension Schemes
- The Government Gateway
- Real Time Information (RTI)
- e-Submissions Log and IR Secure Mailbox
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Period End Reports
- Attachment of Earnings Orders and Deductions of Earnings Orders
- Addressing Problems and the Correction of Errors Using RTI
- Opt In – Join the Pension Scheme
- The Year End and RTI – 2014/2015
- Data Security
What is Included?
- Sage 50 Payroll V20 software – tax year 2014-2015– for every learner - (time limited)
- Colourful and Comprehensive fully Interactive Learning Materials with Videos and Tutorials. Individual units with screen shots and self-test activities throughout – which are very easy to follow
- Self-Test Activities and Tasks with Model Answers
- Learning Portal - 24 hour access – smart phone compatible
- Technical Support for the portal
- Hard copy book can be purchased
- Videos and Quizzes
- Formative - and fun – practice simulations available to imbed learning available
- Practice Test
- Final test to receive
- Certification from Sage UK
How long will it take? We would expect this course to take 6 hours per week for 6 – 8 weeks. You can undertake the learning at your own speed and may be able to do this even quicker.
You have access to the software and the portal for 6 months but don’t worry if you need longer, we can organise that at a small extra cost for you.
Sage software is not compatible with Apple Macs, unless you are running Windows XP, Windows Vista or Windows 7 via Apple's Boot Camp utility. There is a link to further technical requirements for this software: